The Mission: Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria: Tasks must be specific (i.e. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable, or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e. represent some amount of effort on your part).
Start Date: June 5, 2010
End Date: March 2, 2013
1. Get married (completed 05/06/10)
2. Complete a happiness project
3. Surprise my husband with a gift just because
4. Host a family dinner at our place (my side)
5. Host a family dinner at our place (his side)
Make an anniversary book.
7. Write Living wills
8. Write a legal will
9. Buy each other “traditional” anniversary gifts (
1st year paper, 2nd cotton, etc.)
10. Complete some form of exercise at least 3x/week for 6 weeks (6/6) completed December 2011
11. Read one book per month (8/33) (1. The Prairie Bridesmaid 2. Heart of the Matter 3. Starstruck 4. Mini Shopaholic 5. Crazy Busy Beautiful 6. Good in Bed 7. The Dirty Parts of the Bible 8. Diary of an exercise addict 9. Grimm Fairy Stories 10. the PCOS diet guide 10. The Help 11.The Wealthy Barber 12. The Happiness Project 13. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
Finish reading all unread books before I buy any new ones, or donate them if I have no intention of reading them.
13. Get a massage (0/5)
14. Change my name (legally)
15. Take a yoga class (0/10)
16. Try out a spray tan
17. Maintain my “happy weight” within 5 lbs. This is automatically excused should I become pregnant at any point during the 1001 days.
18. Get a pedicure every six months
Identify 25 things I like about myself (proof)
20. Keep the house/Apartment clean for an entire month
21. Buy a house
22. Put up and decorate a Christmas tree every year (1/3)
23. Move to Northern Ontario (accomplished July 31st 2010)
24. Upgrade our dining set (table and chairs) (accomplished Aug 1st 2010 – beautiful antique set given to us by my mom!)
25. Get a dishwasher
26. Frame my diploma in a super nice frame, and put it up next to hubby’s degree and TC certificate
Buy a filing cabinet and organize personal files
28. travel to at least six different cities for weekend getaways/vacations (2/6) (1. Ottawa 2. Montreal 3. Nipissing Village *Pie Bird*)
29. Travel to a foreign country (USA does not count) (completed on 13/06/10 honeymoon to the DR!)
30. Go backcountry camping
31. Go on a fun “Girls weekend” trip
32. Visit the farm sanctuary in NY state.
33. Start a newlywed map
34. Do some bicycle tourism with Britton
35. cook/bake two new recipes per month (7/66)
36. Try out a new vegan/vegetarian restaurant (2/5)
37. For one week, make meals that can only be made with ingredients already in our cupboards (excluding perishables—produce) (first week of July 2010 – we were broke and this was a great option!!)
38. Make homemade pasta
39. Go out for breakfast (4/5)
40. Eat raw for one whole week
41. Eat “good” bananas (completed 13/06/10 in the DR!)
42. Order some globars and try them out!
43. Do a sugar detox every year (already did one for 2010) (0/3)
44. Do some canning Made Strawberry Jam July 2011
45. Talk to Jess every two weeks ** must be revised as she has moved to the same city as me and I see her almost daily**
46. Host a dinner party every year (1/3)
47. Make new friends and invite them over for dinner
48. Send out Christmas cards (0/2)
49. Start an RRSP
5. Make a monthly budget on a program like Microsoft Excell Made one on Mint.com which I track on my iPhone LOVE IT!!!
51. Pay off line of credit (Update: August 2011 – over 1/3 of the way there!!)
Read the wealthy barber and incorporate at least one strategy from the book.
53.Buy myself a nice grad gift like an expensive watch
54. Have LASIK eye surgery.
55. Buy Britton a ridiculous bicycle
56. Buy a digital SLR
57. Clean out closet twice per year and donate old clothes to charity (1/6)
58. Donate blood
Donate 50$ to charity (0/5) ( we actually donate 70$ to charity every month. 35$ to World Vision, and 35$ to GreenPeace!)
60. Volunteer bi-weekly (at least) with a worthwhile organization for an entire year. (0/66)
61. Buy a homeless person a meal
62. Give a homeless person 20$
63. Donate 2$ to charity for every item I do not complete on this list
64. Write a letter/e-mail to a person/business for outstanding service (2/5) (1. Sweet Sweets Cake Art, 2. Now and Always Decorating )
65. Meet a neighbor (9 July 2010, I locked our laundry key in the laundry room and needed a neighbor to let me in to grab it. He was a nice Asian man!)
66. Offer neighbors any holiday leftover baked goods I may have.
67. Go to an amusement park (Wonderland does not count)
See Cirque Du Soleil (accomplished Sept 1. 2011, saw TOTEM in Toronto)
Go skiing (accomplished boxing day 2010 at Boler Mountain!! I LOVE skiing!!)
70. Go to a local museum
Get pictures taken in a photo booth accomplished Sept 1, 2011 at Dave & Busters
72. Go to at least one play every year (2/3) (1. October 2010 saw Moonlight and Magnolias with mom! 2. February 18th I saw Skin Flick with mom at the STC! )
73. Go to one concert every year (1/3) (1. 19 June 2010, Waterloo Orchestra)
74. Take festive photos of the cats to send out as xmas cards.
75. Subscribe to a magazine, maybe VegLife.
76. Take at least one picture every day for a whole month
77. Go to the beach (I never do this!) (3/3) (two beaches in the dominican, and once to Kalmo Beach in Sudbury)
78. Get boudoir photos taken for Britton
79. Have a picnic (2/3)
80. Plan myself a bitchin’ 25th birthday celebration
82. Learn to ballroom dance with Britton
83. Sew something
Make a scrapbook
85. Maintain the blog (post at least once per week)
86. Take a photography or interior design class
87. Learn basic bicycle maintenance.
88. Matte and frame signed poster of Matt Good
89. Matte and frame cat print **must be revised as we no longer wish to hang the cat print**
Replace pewter frame picture with either an engagement or wedding print.
Finish the “Britton and Stephanie” scrapbook.
92. Finish “all about us”
93. Get Amie micro chipped.
94. Enroll back in school in some capacity
95. Get my first real nursing job
6. Watch a scary movie at the movie theater and sit through the whole movie ( saw Super 8)
97. Drive again (accomplished July 31st, 2010 in our NEW CAR!!! – Still have major driving anxiety though )
98. Send an anonymous gift of flowers
99. Take a pole dancing class Sept 18th at Amanda’s bachelorette!!! It kicked my ass!!!
100. Plant a tree
101. Put 5$ in savings every time I complete an item from this list.